Saturday, May 1, 2010

...

While I was still lying on my bed, after waking up so early which I don't usually do at weekend, I just realized that I've already been staying here in Manila for almost exactly nine years. I just can't help but to scrutinized myself. Nine years had passed but still I am on the same spot.

Nine years ago i was still confused of what to take in college, where to enrol and where to stay. That time I was really scared because I knew that I'll be leaving alone away from my family and friends. I was not used to being independent. I hardly knew any recipe except from fried egg and boiled egg (I don't know if it is considered as 'recipe'). I don't even know how to do the laundry, I just wound my hands and most of the time discolored my clothes. My life way back then cycles from waking up in the morning, eat breakfast, go to school, play, watch tv, study, sleep. That's my usual over and over every weekdays and play all day during weekends. My parents, they're both teachers at that time, doesn't have time to handle everything in the house because they're already stressed from work that is why they hired someone to see all the things for us. Not to boast but we got a yaya who did all the chores. And now I came to the realization that the reason why I became so lazy was that I relied everything to our yaya. I was really lazy...

And then came the day I feared the most. The day before my travel to Manila, my mom was so busy preparing all my things. I was watching her while she was packing my clothes. She usually do that everytime we have a camping. I remember she always did it this way, she always prepares a pair of shirt, shorts folded nicely inside was our innerwear and it never gave us a hard time deciding what to wear. Months before, both of my parents went to Manila to find the best place for me to stay. They made sure that I'll be okay and everything will be okay for me. On the day I was about to leave, all of my siblings were sad even our pets: dogs, cats, hamsters and rabbits. It gave me a hard feeling but there's nothing I can do because there's no chance of backing up, everything was set and ready all I have to do is to take the first pace for the new chapter of my life. I was really sad...

2 comments:

  1. Its okay, at your age you must learn to be independent..One thing which is constant in life is what we call CHANGE! okay? Just be strong! :) Go!...

    P.S. Hope you able to comment me too any of my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey... how are you?it has been a while for me to accept change as well... acceptance lang naman ang kailangan para makapag-move on tayo... hang in there, a'ayt?

    ReplyDelete